Skip to main content

My "Religion"

Some groups have claimed names for themselves like "Baba followers" and "Baba lovers."

I do not belong to any collective group-think that these names have come to connote. And yet I follow Baba. How could this be? 

Well, if you came upon a man in Salt Lake City (where there is a large Mormon population) and he said he was a follower of Jesus but not a Mormon, you might be confused. "How can he follow Jesus and not be a Mormon?" But that man might mean he reads the words of Jesus and tries to take them to heart, and even tries to follow those teachings whenever possible.

Well that is how it is for me. I follow Baba in so much as I read his words and take them to heart and try to live in accord with them if possible. But as for those who today call themselves "Baba lovers," I have very little in common. In fact, I find many of the things they claim to believe to be antithetical to how I understand Baba. I could name many, but I'll name just a few. 

Baba is in heaven, micromanages the gross and subtle worlds, constantly assesses people's thoughts and actions, appears to people in visions, and gives boons to some of those who ask for them and ignores the requests of others to teach them a lesson.

I don't believe in any of that. That's nonsense.

The Meher Center and the soil around Baba's tomb in India are sacred soil, and touching them grants significant spiritual boons. They are magical sacred pieces of property and the buildings on them are magical sacred buildings. Being near them helps you, because emanations you cannot see emanate fro them and these emanations have healing properties.

I don't believe in any of that. That's childish.

Christianity of all types is very bad.

I don't agree with this. There are sincere Christians from whom I take inspiration. The "us and them" "garden vs. jungle" way of thinking espoused by these self-described Baba lovers is the very thing I believe Baba came to rid us of, not other people's faiths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Quotes to Pay Attention To

BOOK OF UNDERSTANDING FOR PEOPLE OF ALL RELIGIONS In 1932 Baba said: "I have explained it all in detail in my book. Even scientists will be astonished to learn the secrets I have explained there. For these will not be vague talks but facts that are substantiated and supported by scientific arguments . It will be the future Bible, not in the literal sense, but a book of understanding for people of all religions ." – Meher Baba LM 1607

Myths about the Council of Nicaea

There is a myth that certain nefarious things occurred at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD. One of these is that the four gospels of the New Testament were chosen and other gospels rejected at this council. The original source of this myth is a fictitious pseudo-historical account of early Church councils known as the Synodicon Vetus written in 887 AD. The French philosopher Voltaire popularized this false account in the 18th century, and Christian radical Robert Taylor revived it in the 19th. Though fully debunked, this trope goes on being popular today.  The canon was decided by popular use over time. The first time the subject of the canon was brought up at an ecumenical council was at the Council of Trent in the 16th century.

Ordinary People

In philosophy, phenomenal means anything you can experience, both mentally or physically. Ordinary people are interested almost exclusively in the phenomenal – things you experience in your thoughts or with your senses. They think about these things. They desire or fear these things. And when they become self-declared “seekers,” they seek something that they assume is also phenomenal. And when they see or read about something out of the ordinary, they get excited because they think they're on to something important. A “spiritual” phenomenon. And because of this equating abnormal with spiritual, they are very likely to perform practices or take drugs to have ‘out of the ordinary’ phenomenal experiences. Again, they think this is a sign they are ‘getting somewhere.’ There are countless anomalous phenomena. This web page talks about 'light orbs,' that may be genuine things that clairvoyants can see. I personally don't know.  https://www.quora.com/What-can-small-orbs-of-lig...